Thursday, October 30, 2008

30 days of gratitude : 26

It's hot, humid and sticky and the perfect day for lounging around on the day bed. Perhaps a little bit of beach time and some mango time too. Che is proving to be a determined and independent little soul who likes to feed himself. I'm impressed with his patience and skill - not so happy about the crumbs, the goo and the general mess that he creates. Thankfully the days are warm enough to just wash him off. We can't wait to use the outdoor shower in mid-summer...splash, splash, splash.


My kaffir lime tree has sprung back to life with lots of luscious leaves. I thought it was beyond rejuvenation so I am so happy to notice that it was just a little sad and tired over winter. Lots of green curries to come. My mint is ready for picking and today we're enjoying ice-cold water infused with mint leaves. A nice way to herald the warm warm weather and the summer that is fast approaching. Cheers to long sunny days and warm evenings. I've started burning sandalwood incense to frighten the mozzies away. I know citronella works too. Any other suggestions?


Gratitude today as we head towards summer with open arms and sandy toes.

9 comments:

  1. I love summer too. Especially mangos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like your set for the warm weather....mangoes, mint, outdoor shower- bring on summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful photos! Such a lovely contrast as we in the Northern Hemisphere move into winter...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, exactly the reason I love the time coming into summer. Gorgeous photos - you live in a beautiful part of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful photos :)
    mangos YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous sunny photos. i just love them all. looks like you've got a little spring in your step. it's adorable. feeling the warmth on this cold rainy night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heavenly photos, love the one of your feet and flowing dress - looks like a gorgeous place to live too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love mint too, and was surprised to discover it growing amongst the weeds in my neglected back garden recently! It motivated me to start cleaning things up : ) We've been enjoying mint with sparkling water, some crushed ice, and a dash of lime juice cordial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! you said my pics were gorgeous, but yours are magical!!!
    (thanks by the way:))

    ReplyDelete