Saturday, August 31, 2013

35/52

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Che: in his room, gumboots still on, enthralled in a book - an everyday occurrence (as seen in 2012). 
Poet: a beetroot juice moustache, wet sleeves and messy curls...but she loves to 'wash' the dishes (in the same spot earlier this year). 

A few weeks ago I wrote about my intention to capture the children in the home. I wanted to be the passer-by documenting them at their most comfortable, in the home that they have grown up in. But we can have intentions as photographers and often they only come to fruition when we're not trying, when we least expect it. It was only when I was editing these photos (I use Lightroom) that I realised what I had captured: Che in his bedroom, Poet in the kitchen, a b+w diptych celebrating the beautiful mess of home and the little people who live there. These are my favourite portraits of the year; for their honesty and simplicity.


...................................................................................................................

It seems I'm all about windows this week as these three portraits impressed / as did this one, with added reflection and a flamingo swimsuit! / and then there were Limi and Claya dressed as flamingos and sitting in a light-filled vintage suitcase - muted pinks and browns are beautiful / like looking through a window...walking hand-in-hand with a picturesque town beyond / and finally, toddler + paint + vintage sheet = happiness. 





No comments:

Post a Comment